Network Engineer (C#)
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of Windows, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support. Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 150 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
We are looking for passionate Network Engineer to enhance our extraordinary team, which is working on the GOG Galaxy platform. Join us in building the best online services and desktop features for our sister game-development studio CD PROJEKT RED and other partners. This position will allow you to shape the future of GOG.com.
- Maintain and extend the multiplatform core network component of the framework.
- Design and integration of the network services.
- Design of interfaces between servers and games client.
- Create the tools needed to support a growing online infrastructure and release pipeline.
- Improve network monitoring, logging and analytics subsystems.
- Design and implementation of platform-specific network features.
- Strong experience in C# as well as OO programming.
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Basic understanding of multiplayer game architecture.
- Experience with creating cross-platform software.
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Experience with SQL databases and query optimization.
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, code optimization, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP.
- Experience in game development with Unity and familiarity with existing Unity networking solutions.
- Previous experience with shipping titles for various platforms.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of gaming industry.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Possibility to participate in various IT conferences and events, both as a participant as well as a speaker.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples under the link:
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."
GOG.com, Part of CD PROJEKT Groupwww Zobacz wszystkie oferty GOG.com, Part of CD PROJEKT Group