Junior Technology Risk Manager (Investment Bank)
Are you risk aware? Do you have a proven background in information technology and experience in the financial services industry? We’re looking for someone like that to help us to:
• assist our key stakeholders with managing their operational risk items, and staying within risk appetite
• monitor risk remediation initiatives, and assist our stakeholders where required
• support the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework
• analyze risk-related metrics, and identify trends, peaks and exceptions
• report Technology risks, control deficiencies and remediation status to our key stakeholders
• maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and partner effectively with 2nd and 3rd lines of defense
• assist with internal and external audits impacting technology
• assist with ad hoc risk and recurring control assessments
• establish and maintain an effective risk culture.
You’ll be working in our Investment Bank Technology risk management team in the UBS office in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We’re responsible for technology risk management, overseeing risk remediation, and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively. You'll be working closely with your counterparts – business risk managers, Technology Services, and 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
Your experience and skills
• a university degree, preferably in computer science, information technology or similar field
• proven project management experience, with a history of delivery successful out-comes
• experience in risk management or audit, and technology, preferably in the Financial Services industry
• excellent knowledge of technology risks, controls and risk remediation
• strong analytical skills
• sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results.
• consolidate and track operational risk items from creation to closure
• effectively communicate risks with our key stakeholders
• work comfortably and navigate a complex global organization
• act as a risk control subject-matter expert, supporting our key stakeholders in all areas of risk and controls management
• manage priorities and organize work to meet competing deadlines.
• a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
• a flexible and resilient individual with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• able to surface and address issues, control deficiencies and emerging risks
• able to provide practical solutions to sustainably remediate and minimize risks and control deficiencies
• result-oriented and assertive
• fluent in English.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.