About the Job
Akamai’s System communications team is looking for a talented software engineer to join our hybrid team of engineers and operations specialists. This team will adopt, manage, and extend security systems and services that are part of Akamai’s core infrastructure and essential to the safety and security of our network. You will be responsible for designing, implementation and maintenance of critical security services written in Python, Java, Go, and C++. Are you intrigued by security systems? Do you like to work in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to work on technology problems that are interesting and challenging?
Then this role is for you.
About the Team
Akamai’s Systems Communications (SysComm) is a talented cross-functional group of engineers that builds and runs the fault-tolerant and highly scalable infrastructure that supports Akamai's global network. We develop distributed systems that behind the scene support Akamai's global network. This team is responsible for providing services that Akamai applications use for secure authentication and communication, securing servers, auditing and monitoring for all Akamai's machines running across the world.
* Develop software that improves the security, stability, speed, and scalability of our software services
* Design, implement, and maintain both new and existing software features/interfaces
* Understand, explain, simplify, and improve complicated code bases
* Conduct code and design reviews with peers
* Interact with development, architecture, quality assurance and support teams throughout the software lifecycle
* Work with Dev/QA teams to develop unit tests and improve system regression test coverage
* Interact with system operations and network operation engineers to troubleshoot complex problems affecting our services
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Python, C/C++ or Java
* 2+ years of development experience in Linux or *BSD OS environments
* 1+ years developing secure applications
* 1+ years of experience working with Internet protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and TLS/SSL.
* Experience with databases and SQL
* Expertise building scalable systems in distributed environments
* Fluency in English
* Masters in Computer Science or related field with a focus on networking, distributed systems, system architecture, or security
* Proven track record of delivering large amounts of high quality, complex code.
* Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
* Extensive experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience developing secure applications, working with security architectures/libraries, and integrating with technologies such as GPG, SSL, SSH, PKI
* Experience creating and supporting RESTful APIs and infrastructure tools and libraries
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security–backed by expertise and relentless innovation–to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud. To learn how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, visit http://www.akamai.com, and follow @Akamaijobs on Twitter.
AkamaiZobacz wszystkie oferty Akamai