Python Software Engineer (Evidence Lab)
Do you learn best through reverse-engineering? Do you know how web pages work? If so, we are looking for a Python Software Engineer to help us:
- investigate varied websites architectures by reverse engineering the underlying communication and data flow
- build efficient web mining robots (spider, bots, scrapers) that will stand the test of time
- research and design tools and processes to optimize the day-to-day work and data platform
You will be working in the Web Scraping team which is a part of the Data Factory function of UBS Evidence Lab in Eximius Business Park (Zabierzow). Our job is to build solutions to automatically collect any necessary data. We are creating our own Data Acquisition platform that makes Evidence Lab the most efficient at harvesting web data in the world. The broader Data Factory team specializes in various data related techniques including web harvesting, data cleansing and enrichment.
At the heart of this capability is the ability to systematically collect, cleanse, enrich and analyze unique data about the companies that we do research on. The Web Mining team is responsible for answering the call to find, obtain and collect any dataset necessary to complete our research. Every call is a new challenge and another opportunity to demonstrate excellence.
- 3+ years combined experience in Python (main skill)
- practical experience in working with databases (both SQL and NoSQL)
- deep knowledge of software architectures
- detailed knowledge of Browser-Web Server interaction including HTTP, DNS, SSL
- Agile/Scrum or similar approaches to project management
- excellent command of English (ability to drive progress in an international team on a daily basis)
- full of energy and able to persevere through technical issues
-a team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
- able to think outside of the box and solve abstract, ill-defined problems
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers
UBSZobacz wszystkie oferty UBS