Lead Web Developer
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of Windows, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support. Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 190 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
Gamers are the pillars of everything we do. This is why every day we strive to improve the GOG.com experience by adding new great features to our platform and expanding our catalogue with carefully chosen and tested content. We are searching for a leader for one of the web development teams in order to make gamers’ lives even greater.
- Coordinating and managing an autonomous, agile development team.
- Providing technical and process strategies for the team.
- Developing and maintaining highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Communicating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure all projects are delivered with high quality.
- Creating and maintaining the team’s roadmap.
- Supporting the professional development of all team members.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges.
- Previous (and successful) experience in managing others.
- Proficiency in project management, as well as excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best web services on the Internet.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Familiarity with Symfony in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with microservice architecture, projects scalability and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, DDD.
- Knowledge of at least some of the buzzwords: Rest, OAuth2, RabbitMQ or Docker.
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache, Redis).
- Understanding of source control systems and deployment processes.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples here: https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=72714df8bab64367935b7a41e2f1e602.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice: http://files.gog.com/work/privacy-notice.pdf).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’
GOG.com, Part of CD PROJEKT GroupZobacz wszystkie oferty GOG.com, Part of CD PROJEKT Group