Software Engineer Internet of Things
About the Job
Software Engineer IoT
Akamai’s Web Performance Business Unit seeks Software Engineer for the development of mission-critical new product capability. These positions are forming a new IoT Engineering team in Akamai’s Krakow office. Individuals in these roles will do design, implementation, and support of software in a collaborative, modern environment.
The new product capability will enable Internet of Things (IoT) concept by:
* Providing intuitive, self-service interface for managing configuration details.
* Creating both GUI and API driven capabilities.
* Collecting and analyzing performance metrics.
The underlying technologies will include micro-services architecture, advanced user interfaces and the API development. This is an exciting initiative in the Krakow location and we are looking build up the team with top engineers who have a passion for new technologies.
About the Team
The Web Performance business unit builds the core technologies that underpin the fastest, most scalable services around the world. The new IoT Engineering team in Krakow is one of the core engineering teams contributing to Akamai’s IoT products. Our customers include sophisticated, world-leading organizations across many industry verticals. We build the software for automotive, logistics, transportation and gaming
* Software architecture, design, and implementation of web applications and services.
* Create user-friendly web pages using a variety of programming languages.
* Optimize applications for the best performance.
* Execute in a multi-disciplined environment in tight collaboration with other engineering
teams. QA, product management, and technical writers to improve usability. * Always stay consistent with our brand guidelines.
* Maintain and support existing applications and services.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Good understanding of modern design principles for asynchronous programming.
* Knowledge of web application design patterns and frameworks, such as Spring or Guice.
* Work experience with front-end technologies and frameworks such as ES6, TypeScript, Angular, HTML5, SASS.
* Familiarity with front-end testing frameworks like Karma.
* Experience working with Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS).
* Experience with use of REST principles and patterns.
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies and best practices.
* Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
* Passion to understand, learn, and use new technologies.
* Can-do, positive attitude.
* Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience teaching or mentoring other engineers.
* Demonstrated record of planning and executing on complex projects.
* Ability to deploy, support, debug complex applications in a distributed-system environment.
* Experience with UX / User Interface design techniques and best practices.
* Build high-quality mockups and design different prototypes.
* Experience with common REST security token protocols such as JWT and OAuth.
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security–backed by expertise and relentless innovation–to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud. To learn how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, visit http://www.akamai.com, and follow @Akamaijobs on Twitter.
AkamaiZobacz wszystkie oferty Akamai