Site Reliability Engineer Internet of Things
About the Team
Site Reliability Engineer IoT
The Web Performance Business Unit builds the core technologies that underpin the fastest, most scalable services around the world. The new IoT Engineering team in Krakow is one of the core engineering teams contributing to Akamai’s IoT products. Our customers include sophisticated, world-leading organizations across many industry verticals. We build the software for automotive, logistics, transportation and gaming industries.
* Controlling and coordinating the deployment and maintenance process of Cassandra DB services in the cloud.
* Analyzing and debugging distributed Java and C++ applications and systems.
* Gathering and analyzing data to root out errors, discern trends, and diagnose complex customer-facing issues (pre- and post-sale),
* Responding to incidents, preventing incidents through pro-active analysis and monitoring.
* Solving complex service issues: service incidents, complex customer setups, field trials, server and network performance, availability issues.
* Identifying and communicating the need for technology improvements/software updates and product innovation.
* Working with engineering, product management, operations, network infrastructure,
and business development teams.
* Experience in configuring and maintaining Cassandra DB services.
* Experience with Linux/Unix and networking systems.
* Experience with alerting, monitoring and performance management systems.
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies and best practices.
* Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
* Passion to understand, learn, and use new technologies.
* Can-do, positive attitude.
* Experience with distributed systems and monitoring.
* Experience with most of the following: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, HTML, and SSL protocols.
* Thorough understanding of distributed systems and/or virtual machine systems.
* Experience in networked systems operation and monitoring.
* Experience in the evaluation and benchmarking of network performance.
* Experience working with other cloud providers like Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
* Ability to write clear documents in English describing network issues and their resolution.
* Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent PlatformTM enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security–backed by expertise and relentless innovation–to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud. To learn how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, visit http://www.akamai.com, and follow @Akamaijobs on Twitter.
AkamaiZobacz wszystkie oferty Akamai