Internship in Machine Learning Team
We are responsible for full-cycle development, starting at PoC and checking what’s possible up to bringing working solutions to production and integrating self-learning models to existing bank systems. You can expect to work on a lot of different task including:
- understanding financial data & proposing technology approach to a variety of problems
- leveraging newest innovative approaches in area of NLP and computer vision to solve real bank problems
- providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new machine learning projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
- designing, planning and delivering sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
- see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
We are quite a new team in UBS bringing AI into financial domain, based in Krakow. Our goal is to leverage newest ideas and technologies to automate existing processes and build state-of-art solutions to strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services.
Your paid internship will last 3-12 months with a possibility of extension, based on 30-40 hours per week.
We are looking for a smart, agile person who can code. We also want you to be excited/open for tons of new knowledge and using it in practical task right away. That's it. If you are interested/experienced in below topics it'll be a bonus:
- Algorithms and data structure knowledge (competitive programmers are more than welcomed)
-Solid math foundation (analysis / algebra / discrete math)
- AI foundation (with focus on deep learning -> things like recurrent (LSTM/GRU) or convolutional neural networks)
- Knowledge of different Sota AI approaches (if you like reading research papers describing new approaches you're on the very right path)
- Especially NLP expertise would be great (currently we are focused on NLP related tasks by leveraging Language Models like Google's Bert / Zalando's Flair to solve them)
- Python programming skills
- Coding skills in general (we can benefit from your skills in different areas – there is a lot of things to do around AI (like building UI for training, etc. so you can switch tasks to keep work exciting)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBSZobacz wszystkie oferty UBS