Lead Java Engineer
Gibbs Hybrid provides a comprehensive “one-stop shop” across Consultancy, Talent and Outsourced Solutions. We enable our clients across the globe to reach their objectives via a set of outcomes or alternatively by providing them with the experts to get there. We are Europe’s largest certified minority woman-owned business.
Our client is a global market leader in a core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health. Their mission is to be a global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform.
Lead Java Engineer
Your role will be solution design, translating business requirements and terms into product design and technical concepts. You will engage in active development to deliver those solutions, as well.
As Lead Engineer, you will be a member of one of our Scrum teams. You will be working closely with Product Owner, Analyst and Architect for that and your role will be crucial for the team to fully own, design, plan and deliver end-to-end feature implementation. Your key areas of engagement will be:
• Involvement in pre-planning to line up features that are in a state of readiness to be broken into User Stories that provide business value and map into product design.
• Identify matches to existing product functionality and identify application gaps.
• Produce solution design with relevant documents to support a strong implementation. This may include wireframes, data models and diagrams (UML)
• Engage in ongoing development and provide guidance on design and implementation
• Create designs and support testing that is focused on achieving acceptance criteria of features/stories as part of the sprint and release cycles
• Provide and enhance product documentation to support future support, extension and usage
• Minimum 5 years Java development experience
• Experience working with a range of technologies, components and tools such as:
o JavaEE (e.g. JSP, XML)
o Java Application Servers
o Databases (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
o Development Tools: Docker, Guice, Mockito, Cucumber, JUnit, Jenkins, Sonar, Gradle
o Middleware and integration technologies, e.g. SOAP, SOA
o Knowledge of AWS Services will be a plus
• Ability to translate business requirements to technical specification is essential to this role.
• Experience in modelling complex data in a structured and flexible manner using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
• Good process analysis and mapping skills.
• Experience of working in an Agile environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in verbal and written English
• Knowledge & understanding of the insurance industry would be a distinct advantage
What they offer:
• Working in multinational environment with great team of professionals on building the client’s software platform for life, accident and health insurance
• Support in building professional skills through internal and external training
• Possibility to arrange for your start of working day accordance with team work schedule
• Possibility to arrange work from home occasionally (business laptop, VPN)
• Convenient office location
• Opportunities to travel and work in other locations
• Benefits (private healthcare, English lessons, lunch card among others)
The salary bands:
• Lead Engineer - up to 20k PLN gross per month
3 steps of recruitment process:
1. Screening phone with our IT Consultant
2. Video call interview with Representative from client’s team
3. Face to face meeting with Hiring Manager in the Gdansk office
In case of additional questions please send email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gibbs Hybrid PolandZobacz wszystkie oferty Gibbs Hybrid Poland