Site Reliability Engineer II
The Networks division at Akamai works with datacenters, transit providers, and ISPs worldwide to build and connect our platform with every Internet connected device on the planet. We need someone with the experience and ambition to apply SRE practices in order to rapidly improve and innovate the area of planning where and how we build the Akamai platform.
You will apply your highly developed, highly practical analytical skills and your experience with statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining to derive actionable insight from large volumes of data that will improve outcomes across our business. This is an opportunity to be a part of a small team with outsized influence on the user experience of billions of people. If you love analyzing and extracting meaningful insights from network-based data to provide better decision support, and thrive on the idea of seeing your work practically applied toward transforming the way the internet gets built, this role is full of opportunity for you.
As a network planning SRE you will:
* Demonstrate your high aptitude by quickly becoming an expert in our data sets and learning the team’s mission and day to day work.
* Develop and deploy software to our production infrastructure to extract large amounts of data from various data platforms, process/transform the data, and then load the results into secondary data stores for reporting.
* Define KPIs based on service level indicator metrics, and establish reporting infrastructure that allows SLIs to be tracked against service level objectives that meet the business requirements
* Develop algorithms to aid in the extraction of meaningful insights from the large amount of data we work with-Work with our team to identify areas of toil that can be mechanized or automated to improve efficiency and/or quality, then incrementally develop and deploy durable solutions to address these needs.
*Interact with other development teams to determine the data required for our analytics applications and reporting
About the Team
The Planning & Platform Delivery team is responsible for prioritizing and planning deployments for all components of the Akamai Intelligent platform across Europe, Middle East & Africa, as well as providing oversight and regular reporting on platform delivery KPIs to senior leadership teams. We work closely with forecast, capacity, availability, cost, and performance data across multiple product lines to ensure the Akamai platform is planned and built in a way that supports the best possible experience for our customers.
* Expertise with Python
* Solid understanding of data warehousing systems, such as Hadoop, HDFS-Expert knowledge of database systems (Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.)
* Solid understanding of JSON and REST APIs-Experience deploying and maintaining applications in a Docker container environment
* Knowledge of fundamental Internet protocols (TCP/IP,DNS,TLS,BGP)
* Understanding of how content delivery networks operate on the Internet
* Experience with UNIX/Linux systems desirable-Outstanding organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
* Clear written and oral communication skills
AkamaiZobacz wszystkie oferty Akamai